Lori A. Ramirez, J.D. – Family Law
Lori A. Ramirez is an experienced Family Law Attorney and Mediator. Lori has been practicing Family Law since 1991. Her extensive experience with family law cases has allowed Lori to successfully mediate, settle or litigate a wide array of family law cases and issues. She worked for 26 years with the Law Offices of Theodore J. Fogliani in Pasadena, California, handling family law cases exclusively.
Lori places an emphasis on assisting you and your family to “think outside the box” and place the needs of your children first. With our help, both parties can reach an agreement to avoid the substantial costs of going to Court.
Lori has acted as a volunteer Family Law Mediator for the Los Angeles Superior Court since 2012.
- Bachelor of Arts – 1982 – University of California at Berkeley
- Juris Doctorate – 1989 – Southwestern School of Law
- Forrest Mosten Mediation Training workshop – 2008
- Volunteer, Daily Settlement Officer, Family Court, Pasadena – 2012 to present
- Family Law Annual Update – 1991 to present
- California State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Team Mediation provider: Family Centered Mediation Services, LLC
Lori has 26 years of legal experience including conducting family law mediations, litigation and settlement of cases involving the following issues/case summaries:
- Calculation of child support and spousal support, imputation of income and calculation of child support and spousal support arrearages.
- Characterization and division of the family residence, including reimbursement issues involving the division of the family residence.
- Tracing: both before and after date of separation.
- Pre-marital agreements and Post-marital agreements and the effect of the California Premarital Agreement Act.
- Characterization, division and apportionment of stock options and restricted stock units where the receiving spouse acquired stock both before and after date of separation.